Veterans Advisory Committee
In 2014, the Veterans Advisory Committee was established to enhance the quality of life for veterans in the Town of Riverhead. The committee assists the Town in identifying the needs of its veteran community and advises the Town Board of the committee’s recommendations as to the direction the Town can take in coordinating services and programs benefiting our veteran population as well as providing them with valuable resources.
It is the Town of Riverhead Veterans Advisory Committee mission to:
· Assess the needs of veterans and recommend a direction for increased services and resources.
· The committee shall advise the Supervisor and Town Board, when requested, on all matters relating to the development and implementation of new services and resources involving veterans.
· Create awareness of the issues faced by veterans and maintain a forum for Town veterans to give feedback on issues that affect their lives.
· Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
· Submit an annual report to the Supervisor and Town Board.
Elizabeth Stokes Co-Chairperson
Kimberly Judd, Esq. Co-Chairperson
Darlene Folkes Member, American Legion Liaison
Keri Najdzion Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary President
Thomas Najdzion Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars Post Commander
Mike Pankowski Member, American Legion Liaison
Brian Smith Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars Vice-Post Commander
TOWN BOARD LIAISON
Councilwoman Jodi Giglio
Meetings are held bi-monthly on the fourth Monday at 5:00 PM in Town Hall, located at 200 Howell Avenue, Riverhead.
Elizabeth Stokes, Co-Chair (631) 655-3263 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kimberly Judd, Co-Chair (631) 871-4825 email@example.com